Thursday, December 15, 2011

The Christmas Mitten...

i am overwhelmed my pinterest.
i am overwhelmed by successfully crafty people.
i long to be one.
i lack the ambition, commitment and attention it takes to truly succeed!
(however, in my personal progress mission i will guaranteed improve!)
the young women were asked to be in charge of table decorations for the ward christmas party. 
our president had a baby last sunday.
she asked me to handle the tables. 
i panic. 
i look to pinterest
i cry.
and this is what i came up with...
THANK GOODNESS for:
-a fabulous mother in law who collects pine cones...
-sweet women in the young womens who have more Christmas decorations then I do! (weird because I totally think we are all the same age!! :)
-and no themes or anything like that for me to work with so I can't do it wrong! haha

and a heart warming tale for this Christmas season:
when Ryan and I found out we were having a baby boy we went to Sportsmans Warehouse
There was a cute little came glove and hat combo camo set.
Ryan HAD to have it for his little man!
Well this winter it KINDA fits our little one! Yay!
When we took him to Christmas village on Monday night I was 99% sure he dropped his mitten. It made me sad because it is pretty much the only clothing Ryan has picked out for Wesson (well he has a whole set of camo that will fit him when he is like 12 but that is besides the point!)
So I went through EVERYTHING and could not find it anywhere. 
So I said a little prayer and look what I found today. 
In a place we didn't even play on Monday night...
weird...
or an answered prayer!!!

this may sound lame but I was so excited I called Ryan- and he was really excited about it too...
i'd say there is a perfect person for everyone in this world!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

You are so cute jess. Those table decorations are darling I bet you party was rocking. And I am so glad you found Wessons mitten. Chirstmas Miracle!!! :)

Zac and Shelece said...

I love answered prayers like that, that is really so cool you found it. God is AMAZING!! : )