Friday, April 6, 2012

A true patriot

Wesson is SO smart. 
Everything we teach him he picks up on so quickly and doesn't forget (except colors and that makes me a LITTLE nervous)
In his Elmo book there is a flag. One morning I told him that it was a flag. At first I thought how excited I was that he had learned what a flag was, so I would get enthusiastic and  point them out while we go for walks, or drives or around town. Then Wesson took over pointing them out, and I would still respond enthusiastically 
"YES A FLAG!!!"
Maybe you don't know this but the "l" sound is REALLY tricky for little ones. 
It is downright not existent
Which I didn't think much of until we attend out friend's reverent, special baby blessing, and my sweet innocent son starts yelling "FAG, FAG, FAG!!!" to the American flag up on the stand. I panicked and ran out of the chapel with him! I realized then he just wanted me to be as excited as I had in the past, so we addressed the issue and I worked on acknowledging but down playing my enthusiasm (which was happening naturally regardless) Then we attended my little sister's college graduation this weekend at BYU-Idaho. A very, again, reverent occasion, in the present of a General Authority and other General leaders of the church. And wouldn't you know, they post the colors. Yes, it was my son who yelled "FAG FAG FAG!!!" in front of Elder Ballard. Awesome. It is hard to do anything but laugh when he says it SO cute and excited. We'll just keep working on the "l" sound...
this is the only picture i have of a flag. but i think it turned out really cool. it is from Brother (Agent) Francom's procession. Such a neat experience I hope I am never a part of again. 

1 comment:

Megan said...

Evan can't say his l's or his r's. So one day while I was cooking dinner he was banging forks in the pantry (right? but like I care because at least he was not in my way) repeatedly yelling FORK! FORK FORK...but it didn't sound like 'fork' if you know what I mean. Then he dropped one and said 'Dang it, f%$^' Yep. Awesome.