Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Food for thought...

I have never "food blogged".
But sometimes you find recipes other people might not try or might not see, and you have to share them right? It is like your oath and duty as a woman...
Something like that?
Anyway back in DECEMBER, we were all home on a Monday morning and I was folding the clothes while watching Rachael Ray 
(disclaimer: she is not my fav, but sometimes she pulls through with fabulous recipes and sometimes I get really bored of Good Things Utah shh don't tell ANYONE...there you have the truth)
And she made these tater-tots I wouldn't say i thought like "oh my goodness that looks so delicious I have to try it" but it was more like- "eh that something new and I got time" WELL...We loved them. They are NOT healthy. But they are a fun alternative to you typical sides. We had BLTs & homemade tater tots. So fun. A little more work than steak fries or something but really worth it. Ryan asks for them once a week but umm...one of us has to look good at the splash pad while the other works in a lab coat that covers up everything quite nicely. (just kidding- to all that really, but we don't eat them weekly) 
Side note:One time we made them and they didn't turn out. Lame. I don't know what we did wrong. 
But long story short, you probably don't watch Rachael Ray (where are my GTU fans? haha) You probably wouldn't google Homemade Tater-Tots anytime soon, and even if someone random pinned it you might not try it but I just thought I would share a little treat we discovered! Thank you Rachael! (since I have watched her like 4 times I feel like I can drop the Ray)
The photos on the link are better but thought I'd show off our mad skills
 BLTs are so much better in the Summer but we occasionally still bust them out.



Special thanks to my beautiful hand model. Love Love Love that man!

1 comment:

Megan said...

Uh ya. Ross would be all over this. Well done, friend.

I don't watch RR or GTU. Gasp. How am I still a female?? ;)