Friday, December 5, 2008

A Christmas Story...

I may have already mentioned this...
I have the most incredible husband ever! 
He is so thoughtful, spontaneous, creative and romantic 
(don't tell him I said that last one...)
Last year we had the best time cutting down our very own tree in the dark hours of the night right off of the road by pine view. 
(also don't mention that to law enforcement...I think it is a misdemeanor) 
in fear of getting caught and because its easier, we decided to just purchase a tree (we are getting lazy in our old age)
well like it does when you plan something so fun and wonderful, memories to cherish, things kept coming up and we weren't able to go. 
I got so discouraged and totally grinchy about it all!
Yesterday I came home for lunch and in
side the clip next to 
the door
 was this:


so cute right?!
I opened the door and found...


this
if you can think of anything cute to put in those black boxes let me know!
Well, our plan was to have a decorating party last night but again, things came up so for now it just looks like this. 

  
but tonight we will get all out ornaments on it!
while Ryan had a company dinner i worked 
on some holiday crafting and decorating



(this is not a preview to our 
holiday card, those are for my stampin' up group exchange, and the "it's a boy" card is not announcement, we are throwing a baby show for Ryan's best friend and his adorable wife)
we bought the set of 84 ornaments from Costco, they are so cute but needless to say that is a bit much for our tree. i saw this cute decorating idea on the today show i love that show

...one last thing...
Christmas cards or newsletter 
what are ya'll doing?

4 comments:

Chelsie said...

ah atta boy ryan! that's so cute! i have a ton of ornaments left over too..and i love that idea...i'm so stealing it. we just did a christmas card..(as you know)...i figure i brag about my little family enough on the blog...haha...but i love getting either :-)

Steven & Jennifer Clegg said...

Ryan is so sweet! I probably would have cried if I came home to a Christmas tree from my honey :) I think that cards are perfect when it's just the two of you. When you have kids a newsletter keeps everyone up to date with what the whole crew is up to.

Lynny said...

Hey Jess!!!! and I guess Ryan too. Way fun bolg. I'm glad this year that you and Ryan choose not to be criminals and cut down a tree on the side of the road. i would have hated to have had to come to visit you in the slammer. Really though you are so lucky to have such a thoughtful husband, those kind are the keepers.

Melissa said...

I meant to send out cards, but I got lazy....next year right!