Wednesday, January 9, 2013

2013...it is getting real up in here...

this is a tricky blog post to even start. 
I am so intimidated by the constant overflow of technology...
it stresses me out that everyone and their brother can know where I am when I "check in" on facebook.
I feel like even if I take an Instagram worthy picture I am not clever enough to come up with hashtags.
I have accidentally made not one, but two twitter accounts and don't know how to use either of them.
I begged my sweet husband for photoshop which he so kindly got me for mothers day and I open it probably three times a week and just stare at it...
I HAD to have a DSLR (is that even the right acronym?) camera (which I love and CAN actually use..shout out to Camille Garrison and her photography class SO worth it) and still I forget to take it EVERYWHERE and it has sorta been replaced by my iphone...
which brings me a whole new level of anxiety now facebook, instagram, pinterest...etc follow me EVERYWHERE and notify me when everyone else is: more talented, dressed better, richer, a better mom, a healthier eater, at the gym more, more righteous, funnier, craftier and taking better vacations than me! 
IT IS HARD. 
IT IS HARD TO BE ME! 
(right, I am sure you all feel so bad for me, and by you all I mean my mom, Andy and Megan!) 
So I decided I would just hide away. My blog just reminded me that I don't have 76,488 followers, that no one pays me to hear about our adventures and I can't photoshop a DANG picture! 
But then I just stopped all together: journaling our adventures, taking pictures of our moments and memories, and being grateful for everyday with my boys, our blessings and the fun we are having! 
So...
I'M BACK!
(thanks to Andy, for thinking I am funny, everyone deserves a friend like Andy she honestly is the greatest!)
and if no one reads it, and I don't get any comments, thats ok too!
Because this for me! To make me jot down "us", to give me a place to reflect and celebrate and share! and in 15 years when this is all still around (because you can't delete anything "forever" from the world wide web) I will be so happy! I will love showing my boys my "journal", my non-edited pictures and my memories! 

side note: you may notice I had this same epiphony a few posts ago (which equals months) but honestly, I am a slow learner, deal with it! 

In the meantime, I am going to try to learn photoshop (please share any good tutorials you find, or just teach me please!) And you better believe I am going to "check in" everytime I go to the gym so you all know I am there! 

(here is an unedited picture of us to end it on!)

3 comments:

Andy Ballstaedt said...

Good for you Jessica! I just read this out loud to my co-worker and she was laughing too! We all feel that way. I love technology and I hate it. Usually it just makes me feel bad though. haha. My sister and I are thinking about just moving to the middle of no where and living like pioneers again. You're invited. It's overwhelming. BUT you will love having your blog. Think of it as a photo album replacement since no one prints pictures anymore. AND no one used to have anyone but their family see that album anyway and they were happy with it. I plan to print my blog out into a book once a year (haven't done it yet) haha. And thanks for the shout out :) Levi thinks you're hilarious too by the way.

Craig, Kimi, Eli, and Owen said...

You said EXACTLY what I think... but in a more adequate and put together way! I can't wait to read more about your little family. :)) Congratulations on two little BOYS!

Lacey said...

Jessica! Ahhh, I'm so happy you posted! You are hilarious and I think we all share your same thoughts, but you always manage to word them way better than I ever could.

We need to catch up ... yes, we did move. I'm also preggo with a baby boy due in June (hoping for the end of May, ha, ha). Actually, we should just get together sometime and let the kiddos play. They'd have a blast despite the slight age difference!