Sunday, May 3, 2009

my FAVORITE day!

when people used to ask me when my favorite time of year was, i would always say i like all of them but spring. 
well things have certainly changed!
april 28th is my favorite day of the year!
a day dedicated to celebrating ryan!
i love ryan so much!
and i am so grateful for all the memories we make together!
like birthdays
ryan is now 26 which we were reminded is now his "late twenties" not his "mid-twenties" 
 celebrations started early this year:
on sunday we went to the in-laws (mine, not ryan's...thats a trek)
for a delicious dinner and an even better dessert!
ryan's traditional birthday cake Strawberry Cream Cake
(chelsie: you have to show me how to take pictures of food so it looks appetizing!)
thank you so much to the jensen's for all the wonderful things they do for us.
we are the luckiest.


cute brothers. 


on tuesday i picked up ryan from work.
since he work at ARUP in salt lake we decided to take advantage of some saved gift cards and eat out down there!
(thanks mom & dad for a wonderful christmas gift we are still enjoying!)
true story:
Parmesan-Crusted Artichoke  Cakes Appetizer $9.99
(buy 2 entrees get 1 appetizer free coupon)
free!
Ryan's Penne Rustica $12.49
Jessica's Chicken Scaloppine $13.49
total: $25.98
christmas gift card: $25.00
new total: $0.98
free birthday cake! (delicious too..the three bites we ate!)
total for birthday meal: $7.98
oh we love our cheap ways!



beautiful birthday cake. and the waiter singing happy birthday. sorry i didn't realize it was good til 30 seconds into it! and then you get to watch ryan pose. thats cute. sorry i say dag-am thats the red neck in me!






also this week we found out i am BLIND
so i got contacts...love them!
and my glasses should be coming next week.
i took ryan to help me...

seriously i don't think i could love him more! 

one more birthday note:
ryan i love you so much! i am so grateful for all you do for us. i am so proud of you and you always impress me! i appreciate how hard you work! you make me feel beautiful all day long! you make me laugh every day. you know how everyone always says that i am such a happy girl, you make that happen! you are my happiness! you are my everything!
you are my best friend and i love you. 


i got him wranglers. that will be a post in and of itself.

p.s. congratulations dan & tara on blessing trevin. it was beautiful. he is precious!



4 comments:

Jamie said...

I love your posts you are so silly! I love it! Congrats on your good deals and awesome treats! Also happy birthday to Ryan!

Heidi and Michael said...

Yum... the Macaroni Grill? I am jealouse... LOVE that place!! Looks like a fun birthday celebration. Lets play soon k!!! Oh and I do hate you for not moving in next door. Someone else moved in! Should've been you guys!

matt and erica said...

Hey jessica! this is erica from church.. i found you on facebook and i was so excited to see that you have a blog! that makes me so happy :) my coworkers got me hooked to blogging and i just started facebook haha hope you don't mind that i took a peek :)

Chelsie said...

haha, i love when ryan is just gazing into the camera!!! ah a girl after my own heart (i never really understood that saying) anyways, i love all the food. my grandma overman used to make a dessert like that with raspberries and i loved it!! we really need to plan this camping trip so it happens, i'll text you right now